Sunday, April 27, 2014

79. I Swear I'm Not Trying to Rob You


I am a girl. Obviously, I carry a purse around. Here is what is usually in my purse: hand sanitizer, lotion, chap stick, bobby pins, camera, and phone. Here is a list of what is never ever in my purse: bombs, lasers, knives, glass cutting equipment, medical gloves, enough room to fit an ancient civilization artifact. All of Germany thinks my purse is used for the latter. So every time we walk into a museum I am spoken at in German and directed to the cloakroom where I can safely store my threatening bag. It's not my fault I can't go anywhere without a tube of chap stick!






It has become Brody's favorite job to be the carrier of the key. In fact, I think that closing and opening the locker is his favorite part of museum visits. Unless the museum contains ancient Assyrian ruins. Which Pergamon Museum is full of. Brody walks around and marvels at the giant building ruins and replicas. Not because he appreciates the history behind them, or the skill it took to build them, but because he is imagining how great his clan in the iPhone app "Clash of Clans" would be if he could buy buildings like the Assyrians built. In fact he might redesign his clan layout to match that of the ancient Assyrians.Whatever keeps him interested.


Try fitting THIS in your purse

The girls and I really enjoyed the Neues Museum because we got to see all the pretty Egyptian Statues. One of these was Nefertiti who, according to Scarlet, looks exactly like my friend Meagan from back home, but with lighter skin. I decided my favorite era of Egyptian statues were from the 3rd dynasty. Whenever
I hear about Egypt, those are the statues I picture.


On our walk home, we took a turn to pass by an ice cream place, and through the tunnel behind it there was a carnival! I love stumbling on these things. It's not too far from our place either, so everyone is crossing their fingers that we can go back tomorrow. There were shops, giant trampoline contraptions, cotton candy stands, and best of all, performers. They were singing a German song that, judging by the dance moves that went along with it, could only be about farting. I'm not kidding. The dance was very very clear about this. Maybe tomorrow we will learn it and join in!

1 comment:

  1. Now Brenna it should be no surprise that you are in Germany, the land of "Papers, please" and the place where the pat down search was conceived and perfected! Give the US time we're catching up fast !
    On the other hand just braid you blond hair, curtsey when spoken to, smile and say "danke mein Herr" a lot and you'll be OK!

    ReplyDelete