Wednesday, May 7, 2014

82. Productivity


Last night, I finished the last book in the Divergent series. I actually read the first one years ago, but kind of forgot that I hadn’t finished the series until I watched the Divergent movie in London. Now PBD (Post Book Depression) is in full swing. I don’t want to ruin anything, but the series did not end how I thought it would and I’m angry. One good thing that has come out of finishing this series is that my productivity has gone WAY up.

 In college, I can’t read any good books because I get obsessed. All my free time is spent reading the book. When I’m not reading the book, I’m thinking about the characters, imagining they are my friends, putting myself in their shoes. I tell myself, the faster I finish the sooner I can get back to real life. So when I’m really into a book, I have no dedication or time management skills. Only me and the book. You can see how college doesn’t fit into the equation.  So on this trip I’ve managed to fit in 10 books between city walks and important sightseeing. How am I going to go back to a life with no adventure stories to help me fall asleep at night?

Our train ride today from Berlin to Prague was 4 and a half hours long. I had planned on sleeping the entire time, but the two toddlers in the seats across from me had other plans. With no book to distract me in my restlessness, I actually pulled out my computer and started working on my Berlin vlog! By the time we pulled into the station, all the clips were cut and placed in order, we had our songs picked out, and the volumes on each cut adjusted! I can’t imagine how productive people would be with wifi on train trips. I’ll have to write the train company a letter about this.

With blogging, vlogging, transportation, and checking emails being my only responsibilities on this trip it’ll be interesting to see how I can adjust into the Purduettes, Theta, 18 credit hour engineering life I have back home. I’m crossing my fingers that somehow all this time off will somehow make me more motivated to be productive back home. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading Daughter of Smoke and Bone right now which is really weird and cool and I-dont-even-know-how-to-describe-it. It's one of my sister's favorites. Next on my list is Legend which is supposed to be really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I started Dark Places only because it's being made into a movie. Not sure what I think of it yet. I'll have to add those to the kindle! That thing has really helped me out on this trip.

      Delete