Tuesday, May 13, 2014

94. Zagreb and Other Random Thoughts -by Arden

"I'm sorry what?"

"The train has been delayed by three hours. It will be arriving at 11:30am instead of 8:25am."

"... okay"

   This is about how about half of our train rides have been for the past months so we weren't that suprised that there was a delay. (We always expect there to be some sort of delay anyways) So being the Americans we are we decided chilling out in McDonalds for three hours made the most sense. After ordering McMuffins we all sat in a corner of the bottom floor of the McDonalds.
  
   To be honest I don't know what happened after I finished my breakfast because I fell asleep in my chair. Two hours later I was woken up by one of my siblings telling me to get my backpack on and go to platform 6. Another four hours later we arrived in Zagreb where we are currently staying:)

   Hi, I'm your host, Arden Friend, and I will be entertaining you for the next five minutes of this blog.( or half an hour if you read as slow as Scarlet.) This blog may or may not make sense and if it does make sense then you have a very creative mind and you should run for president because the government desperately needs people like you. If you see any spelling errors or missing words then keep your thoughts to yourself because I'm tired and my brain is not in focus right now.

    So there is the Zagreb portion of this blog and now we will begin to talk about other thoughts I have, which will mainly be about traveling and Europe in general. Hopefully.

    My first thought is how different it is to get canceled here in Europe compared to the U.S. For example: if a train is canceled from Brussels to London no big deal wait for the next train to come and BOOM! you're in London an hour later than you planned,

   On the other hand if a flight from Atlanta to Florida gets canceled you might as well just cancel the whole trip because no matter how many times the Information lady tells you it'll be okay it most certainly will not and you are just going to meltdown in the middle of the airport.

   Another thing is why don't Europeans have skim milk? Scarlet and I live for skim milk and this nasty whole milk is not working for us and we are never going to get used to it.

   Why can't the world just agree on a system of measurement? I miss my gallons of milk and family sized Lucky Charms cereal. But I am okay with meters because I swim so I'm used to that.
  
   I would also like to say this because I know Brenna is thinking it too and just refuses to write about it, why are all the good looking boys in Europe?  This thought is soley based on the fact that a few days ago we had a tour guide who looked like Ryan Gossling and we always find well dressed boys roaming the streets.
  
    If Europe had free toilets a lot more people would start traveling here.

   European fountains are pretty cool. The always look like ancient water fountians and the water is pretty good. The downside of this though is that you never really know if a fountain you see is for drinking or not. Thankfully, most have signs with pictures.

   Netlfix needs to be availiable in all countries.
  
This is directed to France because I have only had this problem in this country. What is up with your shower system? I want a full shower curtain not just half and also a dry floor would be pretty nice.
  
   I just found out a baby puffin is called a puffling.

   America needs to start serving beer in pints.

   Bicycles and motorcyles own the streets, including the pedestrian ones.
 
   Alright, that is all the thoughts I have right now. I'm going to go off to bed. Thank you for reading Brenna's blog and I hope you enjoyed reading this.


















No comments:

Post a Comment