Thursday, May 8, 2014

85. Dancing Houses




Gehri is today’s Gaudi. I like to act art savvy and point out when I notice an artist’s work, but I was about 100 years off with this one.  Gehri has the same “out there” style as Gaudi, and his buildings sure stood out among the old neo classical buildings around it. We made sure to get some footage of Brody dancing in front of the Dancing Houses.
 

The weather kind of reminded me of Indiana today. As we’ve been traveling, I’ve been reading everyones tweets back home about the unpredictable weather. In the beginning of this week I was wearing a shirt with my sleeves rolled up, enjoying the warm sun that was almost too hot. Today, I was cold in twice as many layers. It was freezing! This means today was tram day. Instead of a tour bus, we got 90 minute tram tickets to watch the city go by! We got off at Petrin hill to get a great view of the city – and to ride the funicular. This ended in us finding a restaurant to warm up in with wifi and hot chocolate. 

After leaving the warmth of the tavern, we speed walked to a sightseeing area, snapped a few pictures and bee lined to the nearest tram. We scored some seats and headed back to Old Town so we could spend whatever crowns we had left. I’m going to end up with a lot of useless money when the trip is over. When our pockets were full of trinkets and gifts, we headed to the warm tram #22, which always happened to be the crappiest, most packed tram.  This was okay because we needed the body heat.

Now I’m sitting in the warm kitchen with a cup of tea and can’t even remember what it means to be cold. Tomorrow we have a nice 6 hour train ride to Munich where our cultural knowledge will expand as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment