Monday, February 24, 2014

16. Every Day is Halloween Here!




We started the day in the Natural History Museum. So far, everywhere we have gone has information written in multiple languages including English. Not here! We didn't know at all what we were looking at or how it applied to Venice, but it was cool!









  










The picture on the left is only one wall out of two rooms that are decorated with all kinds of animals. We also went to a lot of churches and saw a lot of art that I didn't appreciate as much as I should. Most importantly we got GELATO!



And saw more people throwing paper. Sorry I'm really into confetti.





 We saw Museo di Palazzo Mocenigo, which I think at one point was an important persons house, and now shows the fashion through the years, and has about 4 rooms dedicated to perfume making. I liked the "wood" smelling section because it reminded me of Camp Tecumseh, the best place on earth. 



In the Ca'Pesaro International Gallery of Modern Art where mom found our next family portrait.


This next piece is titled "Visiting Italy." I'd say it's an accurate representation.


This is Mary ascending to heaven. I like it because it was painted by Titian the Venetian which rhymes. It is also carved above his grave. I would have a picture of it to compare, but Brody kept photo bombing it.


After a long day of church and museum hopping we had girls night out. Which meant MORE GELATO! And witnessing a street fight.


And way overpriced carnevale masks.


No comments:

Post a Comment