Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Calm Before the Storm (Literally)

Tomorrow we are off! We have spent all day packing up the cabin and returning it to its former glory. Our bags are finally packed. Or at least really close. I’m not sure how we have accumulated so much stuff down here, but now everything not going on the trip is stuffed in the Franklin basement. 

On the way back from our trip to Franklin, I asked mom if we could stop and get some more adapters. Her response was “I don’t want to spend money on things we don’t need.” Ask her how much she has spent on her hair since Christmas. We have adopted the “Whatever we forget we will buy in Europe” mindset. This is assuming we can find a store. And that we will make it there. The guy at the RV store has a friend with radar better than the ones on the news and he said we were going to get 19 inches of snow, so I believe him. I’m not sure if mom and dad have a backup plan, but I’m going to guess they don’t. Our new Hungarian friend, Joe, will be expecting us in Hungary on Friday to take us to our rental (we hope), and that’s all we really have planned for the week. Today, dad got his international driver’s license, so I’m sure in a pinch we can make it somewhere.


On Friday I watched the Purduettes performed at my old high school in Franklin Community. The morning of the show I visited the choir classes with my director, Jeff. It was great to see old high school friends, and that night I was able to perform in one last song before the trip! Last week we took a trip to Posterity Prairie owned by our family friends Ryan and Allison. We met their baby goats, chickens, and giant Pyrenees dogs and their puppies.




The Friend Family has been watching some quality TV in preparation for this trip. If we are ever lost in the wilderness we will use what we've learned from Finding Bigfoot, Moonshiners, and Treehouse Master to survive. Brody is very well versed in the TV world now. He can tell you what a commercial is for within the first 3 seconds it comes on. Needless to say, we are all ready to start this trip.

2 comments:

  1. $116
    Still not as much as we have spent on the house where you will not be living at school this semester.

    ReplyDelete