Friday, February 14, 2014

7. A Walk Down Memory Lane

Last summer I came to Europe with some of my greatest friends on the 2013 PMO European tour. Our first stop was Vienna, Austria, the city of music. We saw where some of the most famous musicians we know were born and buried, walked through busy streets lined with shops, and sang at St. Stephen's Cathedral. Today I walked those streets again with my family. I saw the little restaurant we had lunch in after our long plane and bus ride, the little gelato shop everyone got ice cream from, and St. Stephens Cathedral where the Purduettes performed. Of course, now I am not with a "high profile concert group as Rick Steves describes the music groups that perform there, so my family and I admired the cathedral from behind the gates with the rest of the peasants.
"


Most of the afternoon was spent exploring the area and looking in the shops. We counted people who waled by with valentines day flowers, but lost track. Arden, Scarlet, and Brody can't get enough of the tourist shops and we set aside a lot of time for them to get their fill.




















At 3, St. Peters church had an organ concert that was free so of course we went. We got there early and admired the relics in the front. Full skeletons. Not sure whose they are, but they were decked out in some sweet jewels.


No comments:

Post a Comment